1967 Alfa Romeo Duetto Spider 1600cc
MAKE: Alfa Romeo
Examples don’t often come from better, more meticulous ownership. We’ve seen “concours” Duetto’s with non-original parts all over them before, this car however is as good as you’re ever likely to find, matching numbers with every nut, bolt, washer, clamp and headlamp cover completely original / NOS and not reproduction parts, the standard of this car is simply breath-taking.
The list of upgrades and work carried out to take the car to the next level in its recent history with the current Alfa Romeo collector owner is up to in excess of £21,000.00 and it really shows. Even within 2021 the car has had all new Koni shocks, springs, brake pads and discs, the Classic Alfa handling kit, fuel pump, hood & cover, headlamp covers, windscreen, seals, washer jets, wiper arms and blades, rebuilt gearbox, tacho and speedo cables, even the boot torsion bars have been changed. To add to that, all of the work has been carried out by the most renown classic Alfa specialists in the UK and the USA where this car originated from.
As you’d expect, the car drives without fault on the road, incredibly smooth, rather quick with the original 1600cc engine having been uprated with a ported and polished head and high lift "fast-road" camshaft. It sounds divine through the full stainless Alfaholics exhaust system. It attracts attention wherever it goes; just imagine this on the Riviera! The tyres have seen little use since 2018 when fitted, so all in all, this is a car that wants for absolutely nothing and has a history file dating back to ’77 and is large enough to embarrass the dinosaurs!
One other very interesting fact about this exact car is that it was purchased as part of a collection by its previous owner in the USA. That collection included the jewel in the crown of all classic cars, the 250GTO! The owner liked the Duetto so much, it was the only other car that he kept - This car is simply unrepeatable!
The car is in absolutely sublime order, if you’d like more information about the recent expenditure, please get in touch, as I have documents ready to send to interested parties detailing all of the work carried out. It is so fresh, that even the new brakes haven’t bedded in yet!
Being a ’67 the car comes with the “smokers pack”, which has been upgraded to allow you to charge your phone etc… with 12v to the lighter port. It is also a very rare 2 year run, which had the 1600 engine, so is one of the most sought after spiders.
The car is a rust free, un-restored California machine that has been sympathetically upgraded to give the best duetto driving experience possible:
- Ported & flowed head with high lift camshafts and larger exhaust valves.
- Full Alfaholics sports stainless steel exhaust & manifold.
- Aluminium radiator and electric thermostatic fan.
- Larger drilled & grooved front disc brakes.
- Classic Alfa handling kit with stiffer springs, antiroll bar and Koni shock absorbers.
- Alternator conversion.
- Electric fuel pump conversion.
Please note that all the original parts, rebuilt and ready to fit, come with the car, should its new owner wish to retrofit them.
- Original IPRA radiator (re-cored /rebuilt) with shroud and fan blade (car has an aluminium radiator and electric fan)
- Original front uprights/hubs with original Dunlop brake callipers (car is upgraded to bigger brakes, drilled and grooved, from Classic Alfa)
- Original rebuilt Dynamo (car upgraded to alternator)
- Original cigarette lighter (car upgraded to modern lighter socket so you can charge you phone)
- Original Bosch distributor (car upgraded to 123 electronic distributor)
- The original hood cover in case originality is required.
- Lots of various other spares.
- Basically, every book that has been published about Alfa Romeo 105 spiders!
If you’re after what is quite possibly the best Duetto on the market right now, don’t hesitate to get in touch!
TOTAL NUMBER OF PREVIOUS OWNERS: 3 since 1977 including the current owner.
TRANSMISSION: 5 speed manual
ENGINE: 1,570cc inline four, twin cam.
Power 108bhp @ 6,000rpm
Torque 115 lb ft @ 3,000 rpm
0 – 60 11.3 Seconds
Max speed 115 mph
SHARE THIS CAR: